Technical Asset Manager
Location: United States (Remote)
Reports to: Chief Technical Officer (“CTO”)
Type: Full Time
Working in a dynamic, collaborative team and reporting to the CTO, you will be responsible for the overall management of all commercial and operational activities of multi-technology renewable energy projects to optimize asset profitability, contractual compliance and promptly resolve any asset or customer-related issues and deliver a best-in-class customer experience. Assets may include solar, energy storage, fuel cells, carbon capture, hydrogen, CHP, CUP, energy efficiency and electric vehicle charging systems, among others.
- Manage all activities on operational projects including preventative and corrective maintenance
- Maintain a regular, customer-focused dialogue with offtakers and site hosts, pro-actively communicating with customers’ representatives to manage resolution of issues
- Optimize asset performance in terms of system output, ongoing and lifecycle maintenance; revenue generation; and cost minimization
- Research/troubleshoot equipment failures or performance issues to solve production problems
- Proactively work on preventative measures to help improve system performance
- Source and manage third-party asset management & O&M providers, with activities that include but are not limited to the following:
- Negotiate competitive contracts
- Review and approve invoices and change orders as applicable
- Review performance metrics monthly, quarterly, annually and on an as needed basis
- Track & review vendor reports, certificates, filings, notices and other documents
- Review and approve O&M work orders for preventative and corrective maintenance
- Review HSE plans as needed
- Track & manage all performance-related requirements and any associated liquidated damages (i.e. availability guarantee liquidated damages)
- Troubleshoot technical issues and proactively escalate to Company management and customers
- Track and manage any warranty claims, third-party liquidated damage claims, and proactively escalate to Company management and customers
- Oversee and support spare parts management
- Manage Calibrant’s asset management, O&M, and any reporting obligations to third-parties including financing counterparties and customers
- Perform maintainability review of design drawings for projects in development.
- Support project origination and development efforts of the Company by acting as internal subject matter expert on O&M and asset management, providing input on costing as well as vendor identification, scoping, and qualification
- Support project origination by providing input to customer proposals such as RFPs
- Review & provide input on the following documents for projects in development:
- PPA contracts
- Land option, lease, and easement agreements
- O&M, and asset management contracts
- Establish asset management and O&M project budgets, monitor and update such budgets as financial changes occur.
- Regularly perform lessons-learned activities
- Prepare and deliver reports and presentations both internally and externally for Calibrant including information on key project and portfolio metrics such as: technical system performance, system financial performance, vendor performance, major notable events including but not limited to HSE, and budget status
- Interface with any state and local agencies at it relates to regulations, permitting, interconnection, and project-specific considerations
- Assist in building and managing strong relationships with customers, asset developers and other sources of project investment opportunities
- Contribute to the preparation of investment committee and board of directors reporting materials and present on portfolio performance
- Support ongoing process improvements at the Company
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory/legislative trends and policy changes, as well as current and future market conditions
- Maintain current knowledge of best-in-class monitoring & maintenance technologies, vendors, and capabilities to continue to drive asset operational performance
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the Calibrant senior management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Renewable Energy Management, or comparable field of study.
- 7-10 year(s) of experience in the renewable energy field with strong demonstrated technical, organizational, and managerial capability; or an equivalent combination of education and experience in a related work field.
- Experience with energy generation technologies including one or more of the following: solar, energy storage, wind, EV charging, and fuel cells.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with multiple and evolving priorities.
- A commitment to transparency and information sharing to facilitate and accelerate priorities.
- Outstanding analytical and technical abilities.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills across a variety of audiences and stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Detail oriented, ability to handle multiple customers and projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of MS Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, OneNote, OneDrive, Microsoft Project, and SharePoint.
- Ability to multi-task, consistently meeting deadlines on multiple projects and activities.
- Ability to work effectively and build collaborative relationships with peers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Calibrant Energy (“Calibrant” or “the Company”) is a total energy partner that simplifies the transition toward energy decarbonization and decentralization. Calibrant Energy creates smart energy solutions for companies and institutions by integrating the latest energy technologies with adaptive financing. Calibrant Energy brings together global innovators in energy, Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI), Siemens Financial Services (SFS) groups and Macquarie’s Green Investment Group, to deliver distributed energy solutions that help achieve commercial, sustainability and strategic goals. Calibrant Energy’s mission is to provide reliable, high-quality, and transformational energy solutions with end-to-end services through the design and delivery of fully integrated and managed Energy as a Service Solutions (EaaS) with no up-front capital investment or operational and performance risk to the clients.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, customers, and communities. At Calibrant Energy, you’ll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you’re inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Calibrant Energy also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are members of under-represented ethnic groups, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.