Solutions Engineer – EPC & Technical
Location: United States (Remote)
Reports to: Director of EPC
Type: Full Time
Working in a dynamic, collaborative team and reporting to the Director of EPC, you will be supporting the Calibrant Business Development (BD) Team with pre-NTP development of project engineering scope, costing, application, and enabling of innovative solutions.
- Collect and review customer information to collaborate with the Calibrant BD Team to develop, size, select, and price best fit green solutions including microgrids, backup generation, energy storage, renewable energy implementations, and Electric Vehicle Charging.
- Responding to technical RFP documents, put together solution requirements and design, system customization and configuration, align offerings and act as the technical point of contact for the Calibrant BD Team.
- Stay current with latest technologies, as well as new and emerging technologies that are at TRL 7 or greater.
- Performing Grid Capacity analysis, determining customer load profiles, quantifying Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions sources.
- Performing utility interconnection research as needed.
- Preparing and delivering technical presentations explaining decarbonization options to customers.
- Perform early-stage project feasibility analysis.
- Establishing concept design drawings (one-lines/site plans) and simple equipment layouts.
- Simulation/Modelling of PV systems utilizing 3rd party software (eg. Helioscope/PVSyst).
- Simulation/Modelling of Battery Energy Storage Systems utilizing 3rd party software.
- Performing utility interconnection research and coordinating applications.
- Preparing and delivering technical presentations explaining products or services to existing and perspective customers.
- Maintaining contact with equipment vendors and contractors for technical improvements and identification of generic equipment problems.
- Creating Project and/or Equipment RFP Documents and coordinating the bidding process.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory/legislative trends and policy changes, as well as current and future market conditions
- Other job-related duties as assigned by the Calibrant senior management team.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, related technical degree, or equivalent experience.
- General Electrical Power Distribution System experience required.
- Experience in simulating/modelling distributed generation technologies utilizing 3rd party software.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Knowledge of MS Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, OneNote, OneDrive, Microsoft Project, and SharePoint.
- Ability to multi-task, consistently meeting deadlines on multiple projects and activities.
- Work effectively and build collaborative relationships with peers and other stakeholders.
- Experience with energy generation technologies including one or more of the following: solar, wind, geothermal, biomass, fuel cells.
- Experience with EV Charging projects.
- Decarbonization and Greening planning experience.
- Experience in microgrid technologies, microgrid design, microgrid project deployment experience.
- Experience in python programming.
- Renewable Power Distribution Systems design experience (Inverter based – Energy Storage & Solar)
Calibrant Energy is a total energy partner that simplifies the transition toward energy decarbonization and decentralization. Calibrant Energy creates smart energy solutions for companies and institutions by integrating the latest energy technologies with adaptive financing. Calibrant Energy brings together global innovators in energy, Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI), Siemens Financial Services (SFS) groups and Macquarie’s Green Investment Group, to deliver distributed energy solutions that help achieve commercial, sustainability and strategic goals. Calibrant Energy’s mission is to provide reliable, high-quality, and transformational energy solutions with end-to-end services.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, customers, and communities. At Calibrant Energy, you’ll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you’re inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Calibrant Energy also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are members of under-represented ethnic groups, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.