Project Manager – EPC & Technical
Reports to: Director – EPC
Type: Full Time
Working in a dynamic, collaborative team and reporting to the Director of EPC, you will be directly responsible for leading the implementation of multi-technology distributed generation projects as well as work with the Acquisition & Development team in support of technical due diligence activities during the project development phase.
- Monitor EPC contractors’ performance; perform inspections where relevant.
- Monitor the scheduling of work to facilitate completion of the project according to schedule.
- Inspect and recommend the sign-off or rejection of the achievement of EPC construction milestones.
- Manage EPC budget, change order requests and contingency.
- Call and conduct regular meetings with the EPC contractors to monitor construction progress.
- Compose regular construction progress reporting.
- Oversight of contractor and subcontractor’s adherence to WHSE requirements.
- Oversee and coordinate major equipment procurement activities.
- Perform Due Diligence on new contractors/subcontractors and equipment suppliers.
- Review and signoff of project-level contracts from a technical perspective.
- Manage Independent Engineer budget & report timing.
- Risk Management & Issue escalation.
- Support pre-acquisition Project Management team.
- Support new product/service introduction efforts.
- Support IC/board reporting activities.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory/legislative trends and policy changes, as well as current and future market conditions
- Other job-related duties as assigned by the Calibrant senior management team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline required.
- Minimum 5 years prior experience in a reviewable energy field.
- Demonstrated Project management experience. Experience working with different distributed generation technologies preferred.
- Candidate should be highly organized, self-disciplined with strong attention to detail and analytical orientation.
- Financial aptitude with advanced cost/benefit analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, presentation).
- Candidate should have demonstrated experience in successful contract administration and commercial interpretation of legal obligations in vendor agreements.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Ability to multi-task, consistently meeting deadlines on multiple projects and activities.
- Work effectively and build collaborative relationships with peers and other stakeholders.
Calibrant Energy is a total energy partner that simplifies the transition toward energy decarbonization and decentralization. Calibrant Energy creates smart energy solutions for companies and institutions by integrating the latest energy technologies with adaptive financing. Calibrant Energy brings together global innovators in energy, Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI), Siemens Financial Services (SFS) groups and Macquarie’s Green Investment Group, to deliver distributed energy solutions that help achieve commercial, sustainability and strategic goals. Calibrant Energy’s mission is to provide reliable, high-quality, and transformational energy solutions with end-to-end services.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, customers, and communities. At Calibrant Energy, you’ll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you’re inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Calibrant Energy also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are members of under-represented ethnic groups, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.