Location: Safety Harbor, Florida or Remote
Reports to: General Counsel
Type: Full Time
Travel: Will depend on if Remote or if in Safety Harbor
Working in a dynamic, collaborative team and reporting directly to the General Counsel, you will work with the other members of the legal department, as well as the project management group and deal origination team, to drive growth and manage risk in the energy solutions business, including project diligence, deal documentation, project financings, regulatory compliance and filings, and general corporate matters.
- Provide comprehensive legal support to Calibrant Energy development, sales, operational, contract administration and technical teams to facilitate efficient function.
- Assist General Counsel with the preparation, negotiation, finalization and execution of all contracts and legal documents required in or relevant to the day-to-day activities of the organizations.
- Be able to be the lead point person for project diligence and documentation, including marshalling and coordinating with team resources across project management, finance, and operations groups, including permitting, land and environmental matters.
- Anticipate, identify and manage high level legal issues and challenges. Assist General Counsel and management to identify and mitigate risks that impact the organizations’ ability to achieve its goals, objectives and future plans.
- Work with General Counsel and management as required to evaluate, structure, diligence and close on acquisitions and ventures that enhance strategic objectives.
- Advise and implement processes and procedures for all matters of corporate governance for the organization and its affiliates.
- Promote and participate in a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Partner with General Counsel and executive team members in driving financial and operational goal attainment.
- Support new product/service introduction efforts of development team and affiliated entities.
- Support Investment committee and Board reporting activities.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory/legislative trends and policy changes, as well as current and future market conditions
- Other job-related duties as assigned by the Calibrant Energy senior management team.
Educational and Experience Qualifications
- Juris Doctor degree from accredited institution; bar qualification in jurisdiction in the United States
- 5+ years of experience in legal practice; some in-house experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Prior experience in the renewable energy industry, preferably regarding commercial scale solar projects and/or energy solutions technologies, including project financings.
- Experience and knowledge in deal negotiation and corporate governance; preferably with experience with power purchase agreements and tax-exempt financing of solar projects.
Other Competencies and Requirements
- Candidate should be highly organized, self-disciplined with strong attention to detail and analytical orientation.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation, deal making and risk mitigation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, presentation).
- Ability and judgement to manage legal workload for Company through internal and external resources according to budgetary constraints.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Ability to multi-task, consistently meeting deadlines on multiple projects and activities.
- Work effectively and build collaborative relationships with peers and other stakeholders.
Calibrant Energy is a total energy partner that simplifies the transition toward energy decarbonization and decentralization. Calibrant Energy creates smart energy solutions for companies and institutions by integrating the latest energy technologies with adaptive financing. Calibrant Energy brings together global innovators in energy, Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI), Siemens Financial Services (SFS) groups and Macquarie’s Green Investment Group, to deliver distributed energy solutions that help achieve commercial, sustainability and strategic goals. Calibrant Energy’s mission is to provide reliable, high-quality, and transformational energy solutions with end-to-end services.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, customers, and communities. At Calibrant Energy, you’ll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you’re inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Calibrant Energy also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are members of under-represented ethnic groups, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.