Legal Assistant (Paralegal)
Location: Safety Harbor, Florida
Reports to: General Counsel
Type: Full Time
Travel: Less than 5%
Working in a dynamic, collaborative team and reporting directly to the General Counsel, you will work with the other members of the legal department, as well as the project management group and deal origination team, as a legal assistant (paralegal) assisting with document review and management, regulatory compliance filings, and corporate compliance and governance activities in connection with the Company’s energy systems project development, acquisition and ownership.
- Assist General Counsel, legal team and project management group with the preparation, finalization, execution and management of all contracts and legal documents required in or relevant to the day-to-day activities of the organization.
- Assist legal team in implementing, recording and managing changes to Company contracts.
- Coordinate with Company vendors.
- Manage and execute on regulatory filings and matters, as well as compliance with internal corporate policies and programs.
- Assist with matters of corporate governance for the organization and its affiliates.
- Organize and manage Company data rooms and documentation
- Promote and participate in a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Support new product/service introduction efforts of development team and affiliated entities.
- Support Investment committee and Board reporting activities.
- Other job-related duties as assigned by the Calibrant Energy senior management team.
Educational and Experience Qualifications
- Certification as paralegal, or bachelor’s degree in paralegal studies from accredited institution
- 3+ years of experience in corporate paralegal role; some in-house experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Prior experience in the renewable energy industry a plus.
- Experience and knowledge in preparing legal reports, regulatory filings, and document management.
Other Competencies and Requirements
- Candidate should be highly organized, self-disciplined with strong attention to detail and analytical orientation.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written, oral, presentation).
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Ability to multi-task, consistently meeting deadlines on multiple projects and activities.
- Work effectively and build collaborative relationships with peers and other stakeholders.
Calibrant Energy is a total energy partner that simplifies the transition toward energy decarbonization and decentralization. Calibrant Energy creates smart energy solutions for companies and institutions by integrating the latest energy technologies with adaptive financing. Calibrant Energy brings together global innovators in energy, Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI), Siemens Financial Services (SFS) groups and Macquarie’s Green Investment Group, to deliver distributed energy solutions that help achieve commercial, sustainability and strategic goals. Calibrant Energy’s mission is to provide reliable, high-quality, and transformational energy solutions with end-to-end services.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, customers, and communities. At Calibrant Energy, you’ll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you’re inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Calibrant Energy also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are members of under-represented ethnic groups, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.