Commercial Project Developer – Distributed Energy
Location: United States (Remote)
Type: Full Time
Working in a dynamic, collaborative team, you will be directly responsible for leading the development of multi-technology distributed generation projects. You will manage consultants and work across multi-disciplinary teams within Calibrant Energy including legal; engineering, procurement & construction; and project finance.
The successful candidate will have a wide range of responsibilities that will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development or acquisition of distributed energy projects, which includes:
- Establish and execute multi-disciplinary due diligence plans with support of internal subject matter experts and third-party consultants.
- Establish project schedules and milestones.
- Track action items and coordinate with internal resources and third-party consultants to provide deliverables.
- Establish development budgets and ensure proper financial project set-up including work breakdown structures (WBS) and monitor and update as financial changes occur.
- Compose and deliver development progress reporting.
- Identify interdisciplinary risks in project contracts, technologies, vendors, and work with internal subject matter experts to develop mitigation strategies. Maintain a risk register and escalate issues to Calibrant senior management team as applicable.
- Actively communicate with customers’ commercial representatives and manage resolution of commercial issues.
- Influence team to take positive action and assume accountability for assigned work.
- Regularly perform lessons-learned activities on commercial aspects.
- Drive interpersonal relationships, foster effective communication, and manage conflicts.
- Collaborate with internal commercial, financial, legal, engineering and construction subject matter experts in the commercial and risk management aspects of drafting, analysis, and negotiation of the following documents:
- PPA and hedge contracts.
- Land option, lease, and easement agreements.
- EPC, O&M, and asset management contracts.
- Source and manage third-party consultants to support permitting, environmental studies, engineering, land acquisition/title work, ALTA surveys, interconnection, renewable resource and wholesale power & ancillary market studies as needed, and with strict adherence to scope, schedule, and budgets.
- Interface with any state and local agencies at it relates to regulation, permitting, interconnection, and project-specific tax considerations.
- Assist in building and managing strong relationships with customers, asset developers and other sources of project investment opportunities.
- Support in the preparation and presentation of investment committee and board of directors reporting activities.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to Calibrant customers.
- Support project finance team in any debt and/or tax equity raises for projects.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory/legislative trends and policy changes, as well as current and future market conditions.
- Support ongoing development process improvements at the Company.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree required; a major in Engineering, Project Management or related discipline is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant industry experience in project development, permitting, design / engineering and/or construction of renewable energy projects.
- Track record of managing multiple project development work streams to successful conclusion.
- Record of success in negotiating key project agreements.
- Ability and willingness to learn and apply the key project parameters that are required to achieve debt and tax equity financing.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills across a variety of audiences and stakeholders.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with multiple and evolving priorities.
- Experience with energy generation technologies including one or more of the following: solar, wind, battery storage, geothermal, biomass, fuel cells, EV charging.
- Experience in MS Office suite.
Calibrant Energy is a total energy partner that simplifies the transition toward energy decarbonization and decentralization. Calibrant Energy creates smart energy solutions for companies and institutions by integrating the latest energy technologies with adaptive financing. Calibrant Energy brings together global innovators in energy, Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI), Siemens Financial Services (SFS) groups and Macquarie’s Green Investment Group, to deliver distributed energy solutions that help achieve commercial, sustainability and strategic goals. Calibrant Energy’s mission is to provide reliable, high-quality, and transformational energy solutions with end-to-end services.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed; the level of knowledge and skills typically required; and usual working conditions of this position. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive listing of all requirements or responsibilities that may be required by employees in this position.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, customers, and communities. At Calibrant Energy, you’ll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you’re inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to us.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Calibrant Energy also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are members of under-represented ethnic groups, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.